I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2017.07. This bundle is The bundle is compatible with MediaWiki
1.27 and 1.28 or above and requires PHP 5.5.9 or above.
Next MLEB is expected to be released in 3 months. If there are major
changes or important bug fixes, we will do intermediate release.
Please give us your feedback at
* sha256sum: c050c326bfa56d326fece072bed5e4be3e3ad3289b0a449313a2e7dbc4514c55
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Highlights and upgrade notes ==
== Babel ==
* Information about the languages that the user knows is now cached to
improve performance. To load the data from the cache, use
getCachedUserLanguageInfo() instead of getUserLanguageInfo(), and
getCachedUserLanguages() instead of getUserLanguages().
* Language code are normalized when they are stored in the database.
So, for example, "ZH" and "zh" are now stored as the same code.
* It is now possible to load Babel information from a Babel box on a
global user page.
== CLDR, CleanChanges and LocalisationUpdate ==
* Localisation and maintenance updates only.
== Translate ==
* Translate extension no longer bundles spyc library. If you need
support for parsing and generating YAML files, and you don't have
phpyaml extensions installed (HHVM provides it in PHP compatibility
mode), then you can install spyc using composer update. (T75945)
* Niklas Laxström fixed a broken error propagation in translator
sandbox user creation in case of an invalid password. (T164912)
* User TerraCodes removed redundant dialog title from the message
group selector. (T165241)
* Niklas Laxström added informative warning message that warns about
non-existent message groups.
* Niklas Laxström fixed a bug that could cause translation completion
statistics to not update in some situations (e.g. translatable pages
within an aggregate message group).
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* Amir Aharoni added to Compact Language Links the ability to show
languages that logged-in users specified in the Babel box. (T135371)
* Amir Aharoni improved the language database by making sure all
language autonyms are unique.
* Amir Aharoni fixed misaligned icons in the jquery.ime selector in
* Amir Aharoni added five African languages and one Asian language to
the language database.
* Amir Aharoni added five language of Taiwan to the language database.
* Amir Aharoni added Rangi language to the language database.
* Federico Leva added four new languages for translatewiki.net
* Federico Leva added variants for Hakka language to the language database.
=== Input methods ===
* Amir Aharoni added an input method for the Fula, Wolof language and
improved the keyboard for the Dagbani language.
* Amir Aharoni added input methods for Dinka, Bambara and Dagbani languages.
* Amir Aharoni renamed Akan keyboard and made it usable also for Twi.
* Kartik Mistry and Amir Aharoni merged numerous pull requests from volunteers:
** Kannada language input methods now also work for the Tulu language.
** Added Tarandine language keyboard by User:Joetaras
** Added Piedmontese language keyboard by User:GatoSelvadego
** Fixes to the Odia transliteration keyboard by User:Psubhashish
** Added the Tulalip input method for the Lushootseed language by
** Added Sambhota input method for Tibetan language by
** Added a Gothic input method by User:Bokareis
** Added added mm3 input method for the Burmese language by User:Lionslayer.
** Added input methods for the Mongolian language by
** Fixes to the Tamil 99 input method for the Tamil language by
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_