On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:05:32 -0700 (PDT), christopher(a)baus.net
I recently upgraded my media wiki installation. I had
a few problems, but
one of the more annoying is that new links seem to have action=edit
enabled. I've googled, but can't seem to find the solution. Any help is
Would it be possible to have some more details please? It's hard to
tell what's going on based on so little:
* what version are you running? you say upgraded - what version did
you upgrade from?
* any obviously unusual configuration?
* what exactly do you mean by "new links"?
** if you mean you create an article and links to it still show up in
red, could it be a caching problem (to bypass browser cache, try
Ctrl+F5/Ctrl-Shift-R)? At worst, it's something screwy with the links
table, not updating when new articles are created, meaning they show
up as not existing elsewhere.
* can you pin down the specific circumstances to recreate the problem?
* even better, is your wiki publically accessible? if so, send us the
link, and we'll play around in your sandbox recreating and diagnosing
Rowan Collins BSc