Just a heads up: we need your MediaWiki expertise to help building a
strong Google Summer of Code proposal. Feedback and mentors welcome at
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Missing project ideas AND MENTORS for GSOC
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 14:27:43 -0700
From: Quim Gil <qgil(a)wikimedia.org>
Organization: Wikimedia Foundation
Ok, let's move the discussion to
because this final sprint requires (hopefully!) many posts from many people.
Please go there if you want to help any of these candidates:
* Gadgets: needs at least one project idea and one mentor.
* Write useful Lua modules: needs at least one project idea and one mentor.
* Phase out the Vector extension; merge the good parts into core: needs
maintainers' buy-in, a defined project scope and at least one mentor.
* Work on outstanding Parsoid bugs and/or add features: needs at least
one project idea and one mentor.
* Improve Extension:CSS: needs more feedback from security & MediaWiki
developers. (discussion thread)
* Add support for x3d 3D files to MediaWiki: needs more feedback from 3D
savvy users and developers and at least one mentor.
* Improve the mediawiki-bugzilla extension to a deployable level: needs
Bug Squad buy-in and at least one mentor.
* Work on RefToolbar: needs discussion (work on the extension or on a
VisualEditor module?) and at least one mentor.
* co-ment-like tool for inline comments: needs at least one mentor.
* Build an interwiki notifications framework and implement it for
InstantCommons: needs Commons feedback/buy-in and a second mentor.
* Browser Test Automation: needs at least one project idea.
* System documentation integrated in source code: needs more definition
(a MediaWiki extension to integrate source code docs?), feedback /
buy-in from MediaWiki developers and at least one mentor.
* Extension pages management: needs reasonable project scope,
community buy-in and at least one mentor.
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation