Happy New Year to all!
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2013.12. This bundle is compatible with MediaWiki 1.21.3 and
MediaWiki 1.22.0 releases.
* sha256sum: 2ef19e31d685dd0d6e50088ec8bbb1cd3e74c694096dfa333efb61dcfee9c3c0
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Babel, CLDR and LocalisationUpdates ==
* Only localization updates.
== CleanChanges ==
* Bug 58439: Fix Monobook skin by removing extra
<nowiki></div></nowiki> creating invalid HTML.
* Localization updates.
== Translate ==
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* Translator Sandbox:
** Translator Sandbox is a feature to simplify the sign-up process for
new translators. It can be enabled using "$wgTranslateUseSandbox =
true;", but it will only be useful in conjunction with the
TwnMainPage, which is not included in MLEB (at least yet).
** Stash and translator approval pages are now usable.
** When a user is accepted, a bare-bones user page with a Babel box is created.
* TUX editor:
** Bug 53748: Message group related calls were made two order of
magnitudes faster, making Special:Translate's group selector, workflow
state selector etc. fast enough even on wikis with hundreds or
** Add useful shortcuts to TUX editor. All buttons to insert/replace
text (insertables and then translation aids in order; "discard
changes" is skipped) are numbered from 1 up and can be accessed with
both alt+<num> and arrow up and down.
** Update the statusbar at the bottom of the TUX message tables when
saving or proofreading.
* Added support to MediaWiki localisation format from PHP files to
JSON files. This is part of the Localization Format RFC (
** Add support for JSON in mediawiki-defines.txt, allowing the
handling of MediaWiki extension that us the new format. Documentation
about the updates in MessageGroup configuration can be found at:
** Fixed JsonFFS for properly importing and exporting Authors.
** targetPattern in group configuration is now optional.
** Migrate the Translate extension itself to JSON based i18n files
from PHP files. This change is transparent to all users of extension.
* Support xliff 1.1 files in addition to xliff 1.2 as well, but
=== Breaking changes ===
Special:FirstSteps has been removed from Translate. If you want the
feature, you'll have to download it separately.
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* Language selector now opens an order of magnitude faster (see
* Initial support for webfonts in MobileFrontend:
** Currently, support for webfonts in MobileFrontend is disabled by
default. It can be enabled by setting $wgULSMobileWebfontsEnabled =
true; in LocalSettings.php file. Note that, even then it will only be
enabled for users who has opted in for the mobile beta mode.
=== Fonts ===
* Bug 57767: Enable Amiri font for Soranî language.
* Bug 58381, 58382: Add Lateef and Scheherazade fonts for Soranî and
* Update Autonym font to version 20131205:
** Fixed Autonym for Old Slavonic.
** Fixed glyphs for the Glagolitic script.
** Removed Reserved Font Name (RFN) and documentation updates.
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_