I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2015.08. This bundle is compatible with MediaWiki 1.23.x and
MediaWiki 1.24.x releases.
Next MLEB is expected to be released in 3 months. We are trying less
frequent releases due to low number of changes per month in the
included extensions. If there are major changes or important bug
fixes, we will do intermediate release. Please give us your feedback
* sha256sum: 21cb43509d1e6da3cadc7e594866215d430e110aea5d04857e5cffd2a69db031
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Babel ==
* Localisation updates only.
== CleanChanges and LocalisationUpdate ==
* Supports extension registration now.
== CLDR ==
* Fix names and translations for Northern Luri, Southern Luri,
Shawiya, Laki, Jinyu (cjy) and Cham.
== Translate ==
* Special:SearchTranslations has acquired lots of new features, such
as cross language search. To take advantage of all the new features,
you need to reindex the index with "php scripts/ttmserver-export.php
--reindex". You also need to update ruflin/elastica to 2.2.0 or later,
or recent version of CirrusSearch which bundles it.
specific message group descriptions have been removed.
* ApiHardMessage has been removed.
* The hidden, deprecated non-TUX translation view is being phased out
and many non-essential features have been removed.
* Web service queries to machine translation and remote translation
memory services are now done parallel.
* Some improvements to cache handling so that some caches are
regenerated instead of just purged when content changes.
* The appearance of workflow state selector on Special:Translate has
* Breaking change: The output format of ApiQueryMessageGroups has
changed regarding to workflow states.
* The code no longer checks for the presence of the long deprecated
"revtag_type" database table. Things like proofread messages might
appear as unproofread. If this is the case, run "php
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* ULS will use jQuery.i18n from MediaWiki core if available.
* Updated the default geoiplookup URL.
* ULS supports extension registration now.
** Added Gothic font.
* Input Methods:
** Add Northern Luri keyboard layout.
** Add Southern Kurdish keyboard layout.
** Add South Azerbaijani keyboard layout.
** Add Arabic keyboard layout for Western Baluchi (bgn) (Only for
MediaWiki > 1.25).
** Improvement in many keyboard layouts.
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_