The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) Committee is seeking new members for
its final round (before IEG transitions into the Project Grants program
We are aiming to finalize committee membership by April 1st, and ask
interested candidates to submit their names by March 25th here:
*About the committee*
We are a consensus-based volunteer committee with members who come from
over 15 different wikis and collectively speak over 10 languages. We review
grant applications in four categories: Research, Tools, Online Community
Organizing, and Offline Outreach and Partnerships.
This round will also follow directly on the heels of the second Inspire
currently underway and focused on 'Content Curation and Review
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/FAQ>' so we expect
that to be a prominent theme in the proposals this round.
For more info about IEG, the committee, timelines, and tasks, visit
*Committee membership criteria*
We look for the following qualities and qualifications in committee members:
- Experience with the Wikimedia movement and at least one Wikimedia
- Experience with some aspect of Wikimedia programmatic or project-based
work, e.g. editor engagement, WikiProjects or other on-wiki organizing
processes, outreach, events, partnerships, research, education, gadget or
- Ability to edit basic wiki-markup (grant proposal discussions are
largely conducted on meta-wiki).
- Reasonable facility with English, for reviewing and discussing grant
- In good community- and legal- standing (not currently blocked or
banned, involved in allegations of unethical financial behavior, etc).
- Availability to actively engage in the selection process during the
published schedule for that round (time commitment is about 3 hours per
week, plus 1 extra day for scoring).
- Experience leading, coordinating, or managing projects with an
intended on-wiki or online impact.
- Experience handling externally provided money and working within
budgets, preferably in a non-profit context.
- Experience applying for grants or working in grants programs (in the
Wikimedia, academic, or wider non-profit world).
- Ability to read and write in multiple languages.
- Members may apply for an Individual Engagement Grant themselves, but
they will recuse themselves from reviewing proposals in the same category
as their own during that round.
- Membership does not conflict with membership in other Wikimedia
committees, including the Grant Advisory Committee
the Wikimania Scholarships Committee.