LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
1. Name of requester: Michael Everson
2. E-mail address of requester: everson @ evertype.com
3. Record Requested:
Description: Wikipedia Simple English
4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
The subtag is intended to represent the controlled language used on
. This language is a mix of Basic English, VOA Special English,
and some more guidelines.
5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):
Wikipedia:Simple English Wikipedia
Wikipedia:How to write Simple English pages
6. Any other relevant information:
Problem: The Simple English Wikipedia uses "simple" for the domain
) and "en" for its language. This is a problem because:
* The domain is different from the language code.
* The language code is the same as in the English Wikipedia.
These two problems definitely create several issues for the ContentTranslation extension
and possibly other components. It's possible to work around them, but it's better
to straighten things out by changing the language code.
This will lead to en-wpsimple.wikipedia.org