we've released v0.39.0 of the OOUI library this Tuesday. It will rollout on
normal train next Tuesday, 26 May.
Highlights in this release:
- Text flow of form layouts on mobile devices was improved, surfaced
in Advanced Mobile Contributions
- Additionally this release removed deprecated icons 'beaker' and
'unTrash', both were renamed, former to 'labFlask', latter to
'restore'. Additionally 'toc' in 'icons-layout' was deprecated in
release, as design team has decided to use 'listBullet' as unified
table of contents icon.
- Added option in PopupWidget to remove close button and add custom icon to
widget head. Thanks to volunteer contributor Sohom Datta!
- Remove `onLookupMenuItemChoose` event in LookupElement. It got deprecated
in v0.35.2. Use onLookupMenuChoose instead.
- TagItemWidget: Remove `setDisabled` function. It was deprecated in
Please look through your code, if you still occur to use them.
- Underlying library OOjs was updated to v5.0.0, up from v3.0.1,
nominally a breaking change.
Also, as new features of OOUI v0.38.0, ButtonMenuSelectWidget and
IndexLayout.php#setTabPanel was newly implemented.
You can find details on additional new features, code-level, styling
and interaction design amendments, and all improvements since v0.38.0
in the full changelog.
If you have any further queries or need help dealing with breaking
changes, please let me know.
As always, interactive demos and library documentation is available
on mediawiki.org, there is comprehensive generated code-level
documentation and interactive demos and tutorials hosted on
OOUI version: 0.39.0
MediaWiki version: 1.35.0-wmf.34
Date of deployment to production: Regular train, starting Tuesday 26 May
 - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/oojs/ui/+/v0.39.0/History.md
 - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OOUI
 - https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/