On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Shankar Narayan <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
iv been working on adding the visual styling to the campaign work flows do have a look at it. This should give us a better idea about how it would look
It looks lovely, but I'm worried there aren't clear affordances indicating what's going on or what to do.
* Campaign list looks exactly like the photos list; it's hard to tell where I am.
* It's not clear what the number on the campaign tile means
* It's not clear to me what I'm supposed to do after clicking on a campaign; there's no call to action. The upload button is on the action bar, but it's not very compelling, and it doesn't tell me anything about what I should be photographing or how I should be contributing it.
* How do I know what's in scope for a campaign? There's no description or intro text.
* Campaigns as they currently exist in UploadWizard can include explanatory text to show, an alternate tutorial image, an extra custom field in the uploader to fill out, etc. Is there any provision for this stuff?
* Campaigns currently don't appear to have human-readable titles; existing campaign names are things like "wlm-de-nrw". Would we add human-readable titles as shown in the mockup? How would they be localized?
* I don't like hiding categories on the upload details; there will often be additional categories to add beyond the default ones specified by the campaign.
I suspect we're going to have to do an overhaul of how campaigns work to make them fit well in the mobile interface....
Design mailing list