On 13 March 2013 23:33, Brion Vibber <bvibber(a)wikimedia.org> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Shankar Narayan
iv been working on adding the visual styling to
the campaign work flows
do have a look at it. This should give us a better idea about how it would
It looks lovely, but I'm worried there aren't clear affordances indicating
what's going on or what to do.
* Campaign list looks exactly like the photos list; it's hard to tell
where I am.
the top nav takes care of this. The user will be swiping between My Uploads
and campaigns a common mobile design pattern.
* It's not clear what the number on the campaign
This could improve. What other data can we give him on a single campaign
tile that would make him want to contribute to a campaign?
* It's not clear to me what I'm supposed to do
after clicking on a
campaign; there's no call to action. The upload button is on the action
bar, but it's not very compelling, and it doesn't tell me anything about
what I should be photographing or how I should be contributing it.
* How do I know what's in scope for a campaign? There's no description or
An explanatory note for every campaign? that would be neat. Ill work this
into the flows. :)
* Campaigns as they currently exist in UploadWizard
explanatory text to show, an alternate tutorial image, an extra custom
field in the uploader to fill out, etc. Is there any provision for this
* Campaigns currently don't appear to have human-readable titles; existing
campaign names are things like "wlm-de-nrw". Would we add human-readable
titles as shown in the mockup? How would they be localized?
* I don't like hiding categories on the upload details; there will often
be additional categories to add beyond the default ones specified by the
I suspect we're going to have to do an overhaul of how campaigns work to
make them fit well in the mobile interface....
Design mailing list