Also there are 40 tickets reserved for staf and volunteers:
Glad everyone's getting excited about this! So far we have a great turnout of designers on the Eventbrite.> What is the plan, if there is any? Any wiki page for coordination?And also: is there a wishlist we could add to? Quim mentioned the
MediaWiki visual identity page: we're currently in need of great icons
for our tech volunteer engagement pages.The way this works is we compile and prioritize a list of symbols we want to visually encode. The Noun Project will choose around 30 of these to tackle in an Iconathon (they have a pretty good feel for what can be done based on past experiences). The design team is getting an initial list together and will put it up on a Wiki for people to add to. We'll link it on this thread.TNP will be running the show as far as event logistics. The event will have the following structure:
- A short lecture from a domain expert (someone from WMF).
- Presentation by one of The Noun Project's founders to introduce the Iconathon design process that has worked for them in the past.
- Lunch and mingling for 30-60 minutes.
- Break into groups of 3-5 with designated symbols to work on. Design with pen, paper, whiteboard. This will last a few hours.
- Closing/wrap-up discussion.Afterwards, The Noun Project will take the pen/paper sketches and have their vector artists render them in SVG. They will be released about a month after the event under a CC public domain marker.> Wondering whether this event will help directly or indirectly improving in
> any way
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/DesignYup. This event was set up to serve these projects directly.Munaf
Design mailing list