Small Wiki Toolkits (SWT) is an initiative to support small wiki communities by sharing and developing technical skills needed to support, maintain, and grow a language wiki. You can learn more about it here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits
As a next step for this initiative, we would like to share with you some ideas on how you can be a part of this:
- Contribute to a Starter kit by proposing or helping develop and write recommendations for technical topics in simple English.
- Develop toolkits using the recommendations on the SWT page. You can see existing toolkits in the Category:Small_wiki_toolkits on Wikimedia Commons.
- Learn technical topics using the resources on the SWT page and apply the skills gained to provide technical support to a small wiki community.
- Translate resources such as the SWT page itself and tutorials on technical topics linked from it.
- Provide technical support on the support desk on mediawiki.org, mailing lists, etc.
- Organize a technical workshop or a session to help a small wiki community.
If you want to help with any of the above or there is anything else you would like to share around building local capacity in a small wiki, please start a discussion on the talk page
and/or add your name to the list of interested members
The Small Wiki Toolkits Initiative