Apology for cross-postings. Welcome your submission, and please send it to
interested colleagues and students. Thanks!
***** Call For Papers *****
The Second IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Computing (IEEE ICCC
2018 IEEE World Congress on Services
JULY 2 - 7, 2018, SAN FRANCISCO, USA
The 2018 IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Computing (ICCC 2018)
focuses on the integration of cognitive computing with service computing
for providing intelligence as a service. Technical topics of interest
include but are not limited to the following:
I. Cognitive Computing Technologies and Infrastructure
- Cognitive Computing Fundamentals such as Mind, Language, Perception,
Memory, Attention, Reasoning, Emotion, Prediction, and Problem Solving
- Cognitive Computing Techniques using Artificial Intelligence, Pattern and
Speech Recognition, and Natural Language Processing
- Cognitive Approaches using Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Deep
- Consciousness and Awareness
- Cognitive Data Analytics
- Systems for Brain - Machine Interface
- Collective Intelligence and Wisdom
- Semantics for Conversation and Pragmatics
- Service Science for Cognitive Computing
II. Cognitive Computing Systems and Applications
- Deep Learning for Cognition
- Brain Analysis for Cognition
- Big Data Infrastructure for Cognition
- Distributed Processing for Cognition
- Consciousness and Awareness Framework
- Cognitive Agents and Robots
- Semantics for Conversation and Pragmatics
- Service Technologies for Cognitive Computing
- Cyber cognitive systems and services
- Internet of Cognitive Things
- Big Data Analytics for Cognition
III. Intelligence of Innovation Lifecycle and Sensing
- Intelligence Innovation Lifecycle (Such as Intelligence Producing,
Extracting, Understanding, Perceiving, Responding, Inferencing,
Correlating, Propagating, Billing, Exchanging, Trading, Replicating,
Destroying, and Repairing)
- Cognitive Sensing (Sight, Hearing, Taste, Smell, and Touch)
- Cognitive Data (Image, Sound, Text, Web Data, Sensor Data, and Machine
- Cognitive Environment (Kinesthesia, Balance, Acceleration, and Internal
*** Manuscript Guidelines and Submission Information ***
Paper size and format: US Letter; Two-column format in the IEEE style.
Page limit: Up to 8 pages for peer review.
Abstract length: Approximately 1500 characters.
File format: Limit the size of a single PDF file to be 6 MB.
All submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 program
committee members. Accepted papers with confirmed presentation will appear
in the conference proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.
Each conference/congress will publicly announce the winners of its Best
Paper Award, and Best Student Paper Award. The authors of selected papers
will be encouraged to submit extended and enhanced versions of their papers
to the IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC) and other suitable
*** Key Dates ***
Paper submission (for peer review) due: January 10, 2018.
Notification to authors on the decisions on papers: March 15, 2018.
Camera-ready papers due: April 6, 2018.
Congress date: July 2-7, 2018.
ICCC 2018 General Chairs
Jeffrey J.P. Tsai, Asia University, Taiwan Ernesto Damiani, University of
ICCC 2018 Program Chairs
Xiaoqing Frank Liu, University of Arkansas, USA Incheon Paik, University of
SERVICES Congress General Chair: Stephen S. Yau, Arizona State University,
IEEE-CS Technical Committee on Services Computing Chair: Rong N. Chang, IBM
Elisa Bertino, Purdue University, USA
Carl K. Chang, Iowa State University, USA (Chair) Rong N. Chang, IBM
Research, USA Peter Chen, Carnegie Mellon University. USA Ernesto Damiani,
University of Milan, Italy Ian Foster, University of Chicago, USA Dennis
Gannon, Indiana University, USA Michael Goul, Arizona State University, USA
Frank Leymann, University of Stuttgart, Germany Hong Mei, Beijing Institute
of Technology, China Stephen S. Yau, Arizona State University, USA
Finance Chair: Shiyong Lu, Wayne State University, USA
Publication Chair: Katsunori Oyama, Nihon University, Japan
Patrick C. K. Hung, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Eleanna Kafeza, Zayed University, UAE Hamad Binsalleeh, Al-Imam Muhammad
Ibn Saud Islamic University, Saudi Arabia Jorge Roa, National Technological
University, Santa Fe Regional Faculty, Argentina Marcelo Fantinato,
University of Sao Paulo, Brazil Young Yoon, Hongik University, Korea Radha
Krishna Pisipati, Infosys, India Uwe Breitenb點her, University of Stuttgart,
Germany Andrei V. Kopylov, Tula State University, Russia Matogoro Jabera,
University of Dodoma, Tanzania Mohammad Aazam, Carnegie Mellon University,
Qatar Bhekisipho Twala, University of South Africa, South Africa
If you have any questions or queries on IEEE ICCC 2018, please send email
to: ieeecs DOT iccc AT gmail DOT com.