[Xmldatadumps-l] first mirror of most recent XML dumps, at C3SL in Brazil

Ariel T. Glenn ariel at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 13 18:20:12 UTC 2011

As the subject says, the first mirror of our XML dumps is up, hosted at
C3Sl in BRazil.  We're really excited about it.  Details are listed on
the main index page on our download server
( http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ ) and are reproduced below for everyone's
convenience:

Site: Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre (C3SL), at the
Universidade Federal do Paraná in Brazil.
Contents: the 5 most current complete and successful dumps of each
project
Access: HTTP: http://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/
FTP: ftp://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/wikipedia/
rsync: rsync://wikipedia.c3sl.ufpr.br/wikipedia/

A big thank you to the folks there for providing the space and working
with us to make it happen.

Please forward this on to researchers or others who might want to know
about it but aren't on these lists.

Ariel Glenn
Software Developer / Systems Engineer
Wikimedia Foundation