[Xmldatadumps-l] upcoming 1.17 deployment and the xml dumps

Ariel T. Glenn ariel at wikimedia.org
Sun Feb 6 06:56:51 UTC 2011

A little bit before the scheduled deployment of the 1.17 branch on our
production servers, I will be halting production of XML dumps.
Deployment is set for Tuesday Feb 8 at 07:00 UTC, so a few hours before
that I'll start shutting down processes.

This is a precautionary measure; after the deployment and any hasty
fixes that may be needed, I will be doing some testing to ensure that
dumps are not impacted, before we restart them. Barring some bizarre
problem, we should be back up and running within a day or two.

Ariel