[Xmldatadumps-l] 2010-03-11 01:10:08: enwiki Checksumming pages-meta-history.xml.bz2 :D

Tomasz Finc tfinc at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 11 03:18:29 UTC 2010

New full history en wiki snapshot is hot off the presses!

It's currently being checksummed which will take a while for 280GB+ of
compressed data but for those brave souls willing to test please grab it
from

http://download.wikipedia.org/enwiki/20100130/enwiki-20100130-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2

and give us feedback about its quality. This run took just over a month
and gained a huge speed up after Tims work on re-compressing ES. If we
see no hiccups with this data snapshot, I'll start mirroring it to other
locations (internet archive, amazon public data sets, etc).

For those not familiar, the last successful run that we've seen of this
data goes all the way back to 2008-10-03. That's over 1.5 years of
people waiting to get access to these data bits.

I'm excited to say that we seem to have it  :)

--tomasz