[Wiktionary-l] [Commons-l] Sound files

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:54:35 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The problem is that existing academic software like "praat" use .wav
files. I do sympathise up to a point that storage is used. However, the
price of a terabyte of storage is such that this is not that relevant.
Both an .ogg and a .wav file would be saved. The first is to enable
science to do its thing, the second is for our punters.
Thanks,
    GerardM

http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/