[Wikiversity-l] American Express Members Project - Related to Wikiversity- nominations needed by 9/1/2008

Paul Misner paul at paulmisner.com
Tue Aug 26 21:21:43 UTC 2008

I've entered in a project with American Express' Member's Project Contest
for an Online Free University. This is meant to be an adjunct to traditional
post secondary education methods.  If awarded, it could benefit Wikimedia
foundation greatly.
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEARVADVx4JBFJR>
http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/KHB7EG  has the official proposal
outline

Imagine how a $1.5 million dollar grant advance Wikiversity.  This is a
dream that I'd like to get off the ground. I believe this is something that
you ultimately want Wikiversity to be like, and this would be a magnificent
short cut.

This project is very much in keeping with the goals of Wikiversity. I'm
pretty sure that Amex would actually have you assist, if not lead,  in the
project.

 http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/KHB7EG
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEARVADVx4JBFJR>   has the
official proposal outline

A PowerPoint that outlines the proposal is available at
http://www.smartchive.com/wfu.htm

Thanks in advance for your prompt consideration of this request.
Paul Misner
410-740-3490
paul at paulmisner.com

Dear Friend

Imagine a world where everyone, anywhere, can go online, and for free, get
the equivalent of a college education. How would that effect society? Could
it have an effect on world peace, on solving our problems, and making this
world a better place?  Such an educational portal has been my dream for a
long time, and with your help, I believe that we can make it a reality.

I don't want your money. This is not a request for anything other than a
small moment of your time. With your help,  I'm hoping that I can receive
funding for this project.  I recently submitted my proposal, "Worldwide Free
University" to the American Express Members Project.  and with your support
it could get funding . There are only about 1,000 projects now, so odds are
pretty good. First prize is $1.5 million, second price is $500,000, and
there are 5 remaining prizes available, each for $100,000. I know that I can
make significant progress on this project with even the smallest budget.

Amex chooses who does the project, and I'd believe Wikiversity would be one
of the groups participating.

I've outlined my proposal at
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEARVADVx4JBFJR>
http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/KHB7EG

I also have a video on YouTube, which outlines this project.
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEBRVADVx4JBFJR>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-MlCGhrKr8

The video is about six minutes long, if you don't have that time, please
download a copy of the PowerPoint at
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEGRVADVx4JBFJR>
http://www.smartchive.com/wfu.htm

If you'd like to help, please go to
<http://smartchive.com/lists/lt.php?id=fUUICQcJAlEARVADVx4JBFJR>
http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/KHB7EG  and click on the nominate
link.

September, 2008 is the last day  to nominate this project.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Misner
 <mailto:paul at paulmisner.com> paul at paulmisner.com
 <http://www.paulmisner.com/> www.paulmisner.com