[Wikiversity-l] Moodle and software support for Wikiversity

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 05:17:38 UTC 2007

On 12/8/07, draicone at gmail.com <draicone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2007 5:19 AM, John Schmidt <johnwschmidt at excite.com> wrote:
>
> > MediaWiki is our starting point. Some of us have been trying to get a
> Wikiversity "sandbox server" where we can experiment with additional
> software. Maybe someday.....
>
> Would you like a test Moodle installation on the Sandbox Server?

I think we would like to try out an array of learning techniques.
Moodle would be a
fantastic learning project -- I'm not sure if it could be done on this
level (admin wise),
but I'm sure at least of few WVers would poke around with it to see
what it does.

I'm not sure if there is a list of web-type software that might be
interesting to evaluate,
but perhaps we could create one. It might take some time to work
through such a list,
but the benefits if we find something with traction might definately
be worth it.

Gerald