[Wikitext-l] progress on editor

Inez Korczynski inez at wikia-inc.com
Fri Jul 8 23:52:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

Here is short update about our progress on editor.

This week I worked with Trevor and we've added following functionalities to
editor demo (
http://public.inez.wikia-dev.com/wmf/wikidom/demos/es/index.html):

   - displaying cursor after click
   - moving cursor with arrows (left/up/right/down)
   - typing text
   - deleting text

Today we started working on mixed content - to support displaying not only
raw text, but also text with annotations like: bold, italic, image, etc. -
and we figured out that in order to do this we have to change data structure
that we are using. We came with some idea for this data structure that we
are implementing and testing right now. After we confirm that it works well
we will communicate its details with the rest of the team - probably
beginning of the next week.

Thanks,
Inez