[Wikitext-l] Newlines in link captions

Samuel Henderson samueljhenderson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:29:42 UTC 2007

I doubt if anyone is using this feature intentionally, but many of us have
benefited from it unintentionally.  When an image caption is generated by a
template, particularly a large & complex template, it often ends up with a
lot of unexpected whitespace inside.  I'm not saying this is good, or that
those templates couldn't be better-written... however, open wikis being what
they are, IMO the current approach makes sense.

-- Sam / Visviva