[Wikitech-l] Free Disk Space needed for import

wiki wiki at samkho.com
Sat Mar 9 08:13:15 UTC 2013

Hello.

I'm a newbie who wants to start playing with the xml dumps.  I've found
instructions here and there on how to import these.  I'd like to seek
guidance though as to how much free disk space one is required to have for
the MySql import to succeed?  i.e. after I have already installed LAMP +
Mediawiki, and already allocated space for the bzip file and the converted
import statements file, roughly how much more space is needed?

Thank you!

  - sam -