No subject

Fri Aug 17 21:06:45 UTC 2012

contribution was made on the 26/05/02

english Anthere was older

english nothing even older

Erik...you know me...you know I would make noise do
you ?

> But it could be worse:
> The first Wikipedia logo was an American flag.
> Imagine trying to impose
> that on every 'pedia :-)

I don't even want to talk about it ;-)

> >> Who will be unhappy? Are we really talking about
> >> strong tendencies within
> >> the Wikipedias, or only about single individuals
> who
> >> are very vocal?
>
> > Well, we can't know this for sure without a
> poll...
> > what about setting a poll system ?
>
> Ohhh, voting systems -- I'm all for it :-).

Me not really
but must admit that when the population interested is
over, say 25 people, the common consensus process is
problematic

However, the biggest issue would not so much to
"decide" upon a logo, but to have some acceptable
propositions:-)

> Jimbo has not yet
> authorized voting as a general decision making
> process, otherwise I'd be
> happy to set up a vote on what kind of changes can
> and cannot be made to
> the various international wikis. Note also that
> there may be cases where
> Jimbo has a different opinion than the majority of
> users; for example,
> Jimbo certainly has a strong interest in preserving
> and strengthening the
> Wiki[mp]edia brand, which is somewhat undermined by
> too large variations
> in the look and feel.

Agreed.

> >> German: 19.4%
> >> English: 8.58%
> >> French: 11.8%
> >> Polish: 12%
> >> Chinese: 9.18%
> >> Dutch: 7.42%
> >> Swedish: 7.55%
>
> > very interesting numbers !
> > perhaps biased for a lack of choice though
>
> I'm all for new skins. Send me a good HTML mock-up
> and I might even make
> one myself. I like Tarquin's proposal for the most
> part, even though it is
> not much different from the standard skin. I do
> think the bottom links
> should not have been removed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

I'll send you a flower instead. I am better with pict
than mock up html. Consider that training ;-)

Sunflower is ok ?