[Wikisource-l] Wikistats seens to be inaccurate for Wikisources

Erik Zachte ezachte at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 7 04:11:34 UTC 2009

Follow up: I see nl wikisource was not a good example.

In fr the namespaces Page and Livre are indeed defined, unlike at nl.
Hence these namespaces are counted separately.

     <case>first-letter</case>
       <namespaces>
       <namespace key="-2">Média</namespace>
       <namespace key="-1">Spécial</namespace>
       <namespace key="0" />
       <namespace key="1">Discuter</namespace>
       <namespace key="2">Utilisateur</namespace>
       <namespace key="3">Discussion Utilisateur</namespace>
       <namespace key="4">Wikisource</namespace>
       <namespace key="5">Discussion Wikisource</namespace>
       <namespace key="6">Image</namespace>
       <namespace key="7">Discussion Image</namespace>
       <namespace key="8">MediaWiki</namespace>
       <namespace key="9">Discussion MediaWiki</namespace>
       <namespace key="10">Modèle</namespace>
       <namespace key="11">Discussion Modèle</namespace>
       <namespace key="12">Aide</namespace>
       <namespace key="13">Discussion Aide</namespace>
       <namespace key="14">Catégorie</namespace>
       <namespace key="15">Discussion Catégorie</namespace>
       <namespace key="100">Transwiki</namespace>
       <namespace key="101">Discussion Transwiki</namespace>
       <namespace key="104">Page</namespace>
       <namespace key="105">Discussion Page</namespace>
       <namespace key="112">Livre</namespace>
       <namespace key="113">Discussion Livre</namespace>
     </namespaces>
   </siteinfo>

In http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikisource/EN/TablesWikipediaFR.htm
in the first table you will see counts for namespace 0 only.

In the table 'Database records per namespace' on the same page you can
see counts for 104 separately. (112 is missing).

Do you want the total of all three namespaces 0+104+112) in column E in
the first table? I can treat 104 and 112 as namespace 0 then. It will
influence counts in all columns.

Treating them as one in the first table and separately in 'Database
records per namespace' is doable. They will show up in
'Database records per namespace' in separate columns then.

If defined will the numbers for the keys always be 104 and 112? In that
case I'd rather not harvest the codes from a html page or through the
API, if they are directly available in the dump.

Cheers Erik Zachte

--
Erik Zachte
Data Analyst