[Wikisource-l] Newsweek article on the Wiki Bible project

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:45:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> John Vandenberg wrote:
>> http://www.newsweek.com/id/141516
>>

> It would be nice if they had credited Wikisource for this instead of
> Wikipedia.  The way the article stands, potential additional translators
> won't be able to find it.

It gets worse ..

The wikisource project is being confused with another wiki bible project:

http://www.badthinking.com/2008/06/wiki-bible-project.html

That project appears to be more concerned with Google Rank than anything else:

http://thewikibible.pbwiki.com/The+Wiki+Bible+Project+News

They do have translations of the Bible, including chapters which we do
not have, but I couldnt quickly see what copyright status this work
has.

http://thewikibible.pbwiki.com/AllPages
http://thewikibible.pbwiki.com/1+Corinthians+10
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_%28Free%29/1_Corinthians