[Wikiquality-l] Flagged Revisions too intrusive

P. Birken pbirken at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:58:01 UTC 2007

2007/9/24, ulim <ulim at mayring.de>:
> > Not letting unregistered users edit controversial pages at all is
> > surely less intrusive than holding their edits for review?
>
> Yes, because I think 99.9% of all unregistered user actions are reading, not
> editing. Therefore we are dabbling with the unregistered user's Wikipedia
> experience in a much larger way - not by holding their edits, but by not
> showing the most current version (which, by the way, will in most cases not
> even be an anonymous edit).

This makes the assumption that Sighted versions won't scale. If they
do scale, readers will usually see the current revision. If they do
not scale, they won't and then the concept would have to be rethougt,
improved or scrapped. In the development of the feature, we have
discussed usability and scalability and lenght and put a lot of effort
into this. And we still want to improve this in the betatest! So all
in all, please wait for the betatest and have an actual look at the
software before making judgements.

Bye,

Philipp