[Wikiquality-l] Quality initiative hitting the papers: Daily Telegraph (UK) tomorrow

P. Birken pbirken at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:29:02 UTC 2007

2007/9/20, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> The NS article apparently talks in detail about "only editors with 30
> edits in 30 days" and so forth. I said that wasn't set in stone at all
> - there will probably be a low hurdle like that, but all the details
> are still being worked out.

I believe I know the source of this: in [[de:Wikipedia:Gesichtete
Versionen]], it still says what the initial proposal was, namely 30
days and 30 edits. This was all in all considered too low in the
discussion there, but we couldn't really agree on a certain number.
The crucial points to name here are essentially the following: i)
users are promoted to editor status in an automatic way, ii) 30 days
and 30 edits is not set in stone and iii) we will probably not tell
what the magic number is once the feature go live, to make gaming more
difficult.

Take care,

Philipp