[Wikiquality-l] Feedback and beta-testing from non-Wikipedia projects

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 01:39:04 UTC 2007

(sorry for my English and for the crossposting)

I known that the FlaggedRevs extension is under a review stage and their
development is devoted basically to the needs from the most known Wikimedia
project. This is ok to me, no worries on it. But since more Wikimedia
projects have users watching the development of this feature, I think that
only two future official wikis for the public beta testing is insufficient.

Wikisource, for example, have LabeledSectionTransclusion and ProofreadPage
enabled on all of yours wikis. These extensions may have issues to work
appropriately with FlaggedRevs. Enabling these two extensions at the same
wiki devoted to the English Wikipedia beta-testing may generate some
troubles with the en.wp users that don't known how and why Wikisource have
these extensions, to exemplify with only one of the possible reactions. Not
enabling these two extensions + FlaggedRevs at someplace may create false
hopes. And I think that knowing that issues and waiting for someone with the
required skills to fix them when get time to work on it is more proper
instead of a community (a Wikisource wiki) gaining consensus to request
FlaggedRevs getting enabled and finding that a new nice feature brokes another
one.

[[:m:User:555]]