[Wikiquality-l] Non-editor reverting to stable version

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 9 21:46:00 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 10/9/07, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/9/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > > Indeed. All that "sighted" says is that it's believed to be free of
> > > vandalism, not that there might not be a useful change.
>
> > Reversion to an old version can be vandalism as much as the insertion
> > of new text. ... it depends on the context.
>
> The situation right now:
>
> 1) Trusted user A makes an edit.
> 2) Untrusted user B vandalizes.
> 3) Trusted user A reverts.
> 4) Trusted user A has to re-review after save, because the revert is
> counted the same as any other change to an untrusted version.

Ah, I see now that Avi was actually talking about a different scenario
- sorry for not reading carefully. I agree that in the _non-editor_
scenario, the newly created version should not have the "sighted" flag
since we don't know anything about the true nature of the change.
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik