[Wikipedia-l] Problems with Mediawiki 1.12 new install.

John W Foster johnwfoster at verizon.net
Tue Jun 10 13:02:45 UTC 2008

I recently installed a new Mediawiki "test site" to practice on. I have
not really added any content and it was installed from the download site
at Mediawiki.org so it is a straight forward install.

I have in some manner caused the menu items on the side bar to be
repositioned in sucha a manner that they are always on the left but
below any content when the site is looked at. This happened only after I
added content to the original main page I do not know how I managed to
do that. Any ideas?

Another issue is that the "New User" e-mail confirmation does not work.
I have only found references to this in LocalSettings.php. I checked
these and they seem to be the same as on another site that I have
running, that is working correctly. Again, any ideas??

John Foster