[Wikipedia-l] Lists in categories

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:46:38 UTC 2008

2008/6/10 Angela <beesley at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
>> Has this combination of lists and categories been tried anywhere?
>> Has any language of Wikipedia decided on a policy for or against
>> such a combination?  What experience exists about advantages and
>> drawbacks?
>
> People say lists are good because you can annotate them. What would be
> nice would be the ability to annotate categories. Instead of only
> being able to set the sort order, you could add some text to the
> article that appeared on the category page itself using, for example,
> [[category:people|Wikimedia board member|{{defaultsort}}]].

Well, since this is turning into a brain storming of ideas for
categorization improvements, let me plug in an idea i brought up
recently in en.wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Categorization#Semantic_categories_with_magic_words

I think that it would be very useful and simple to implement, but it's
a little hard to explain, so questions are welcome.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

English - http://aharoni.wordpress.com
עברית - http://haharoni.wordpress.com