[Wikipedia-l] Proposed fork of Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:59:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When you want to edit in a carefree way on a Wikipedia, just write in
another language then the English one. There are projects where you can
write freely  and as long as it is moderately well written and it conforms
to what people believe to be true, you will be cherished for your efforts.
Please appreciate that it is the English Wikipedia that has grown so much
and it is all these other "249" Wikipedias that hope to suffer from the same
ills because it will mean that they provide a similar service for the people
who read that language...

I wish the Yoruba, Swahili, Igbo, Xhosa, Zulu and even Afrikaans Wikipedia
were suffering from the problems the English Wikipedia is known for.

Thanks,
      GerardM