[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Ian Tresman ian2 at knowledge.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 22:10:43 UTC 2007

>This is indeed a real problem. We generally accept that we should give
>"due weight" to topics - relatively obscure theories, don't get
>treated at the same length as their more widely supported brethren,
>which is fair and even the fringe theorists mostly accept it

In comparative articles, absolutely. But NPOV "Undue weight" tells us:
"Minority views can receive attention on pages specifically devoted to them"

Though it use to read:
"None of this is to say that tiny-minority views cannot receive as
much attention as we can give them on pages specifically devoted to them."

Regards,

Ian Tresman
www.plasma-universe.com