[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Sep 20 16:58:47 UTC 2007

J.L.W.S. The Special One wrote:
> So, Andre, in your opinion, the question should be: "Where do we draw the
> line?"
>
> That's why we need notability criteria that are objective, not subjective.

You're asking for the impossible.  "Notable", "significant" and
"reliable" can only find agreement at either extreme of the scale, and
they are not identical from subject to subject.  There's a big fuzzy
middle where we need to begin by assuming that the person posting the
information is acting in good faith, and often approaching the content
from a different perspecive.  This won't save all the questioned
articles, but it may bring peace.  perhaps we should begin treating
simple "nn" deletion requests as a breach of good faith.

Ec