[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Ian Tresman ian2 at knowledge.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 09:33:35 UTC 2007

>P.S. Ian and I are discussing different
>issues. Ian's complaint is that controversial articles are
>deleted on the grounds of "non-notability", while I am addressing the
>problem of articles on
>Singaporean topics being deleted on the grounds of "non-notability".
>Perhaps we should create
>another thread about systemic bias and notability? Sorry for hijacking your
>thread, Ian.

No problem, we're both complaining about "non-notability" being used
as an excuse to delete articles, and since notability may also be
subjective, it can be an impossible criteria to assess objectively.

The sooner that "notability" is consigned to oblivion, the better. Or
it would be nice of Jimbo made a decreed, there are too many people
wasting too much time discussing a matter which should have been
resolved five years ago.

Regards,

Ian Tresman
www.plasma-universe.com