[Wikipedia-l] Quality vs Quantity

Berto 'd Sera albertoserra at ukr.net
Tue May 1 11:25:50 UTC 2007

Hoi!

>What we are focusing on are articles about local themes, personalities
>and so on, stuff that you can't find elsewhere,
Yes, that's an option we are discussing, too. It really makes sense to
produce specialized content since you cannot compete at horizontal level
with en.wiki anyway. I hear the Galicians are on that road, too.

My doubt on the subject is that people come and write what they please
(usually a few lines, more rarely a proper article), so how do you manage to
plan your content? I'll be grateful for any info you can share.

I think we should open a forum (with normal forum software, not a wiki) to
host discussions among small wikies. We have our dimensions, problems and
needs; it could be useful to share ideas where people are like you.

FMI, is Furlan taught in public schools? When you have schools you don't
need to make an alphabetized user base out of thin air and subsequently
don't need sandbox stubs and the like. :)

Bèrto ‘d Sèra
Personagi dl’ann 2006 për l’arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojàotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html