[Wikipedia-l] Be-x-old

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:37:38 UTC 2007

On 29/03/07, Monk <monkbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > I imagine though that your complaints about it being read-only will
> > not be listened to by anybody at all -- I was similarly upset about
> > teh Moldavian Wikipedia, but it remains read-only.
>
> The problem is, that Moldavian Wikipedia didn't have enough
> contributors and content, and was put read-only just because it was
> filled with spam; Belarusian wikipedia has large number of active
> contributors.

It had more contributors and content than does the Afar Wikipedia (aa.wp)...

And where is this spam? I never saw such things.

> But now we have only politically-rigged wikipedia in active state, but
> actual Belarusian wikipedia is frozen. I don't feel it to be right.
> First of all wikipedia which is about knowledge should be put in work;
> and I am not sure that wikipedia that is about politics (current
> be.wiki) should work under WMF logo.

Well, according to the other side, it is your Wikipedia which was
politically rigged. Theirs is written in the official variety, the one
taught in schools. I do understand that it can be seen as a support of
the current government, but I don't see how your version is any _less_
"politically rigged". If anything, it seems to be much moreso.

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.