[Wikipedia-l] belarusian wikipedia (be and be-x-old)

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:06:24 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, Ян Марозаў <janmarozau at gmail.com> wrote:

> it was very unfair pace to remove Belarusian Wikipedia to the domain
> be-x-old, because
>
> 1) it is the result of 3yrs volunteers work. it would be hard task to
> change interwikis, to renew medias
> 2) Belarusian Wikipedia isn't written in old grammar. both grammars are
> allowed to use in that variant of wikipedia.
> the difference between grammars is less than between American and British
> English

If you want to get any support on this, don't give us such hype.

Even alphabets are different in these two versions of Belarusian
language. And to tell about "difference of less than of British and
American" is just insulting to the intelligence of the readers.

*However*, I support the motion that the previously existing interwiki
links to the articles media etc. should be retained somehow.

---