[Wikipedia-l] Extension to [[MediaWiki:Bad image list]]

Michael Billington michael.billington at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 05:43:55 UTC 2006

> Reading that page leads me to believe that this is a quick hack which
> filters all edits to the relevant pages,  and somewhat of a
> performance hog.  Doesn't seem like something that could be applied to
> thousands and thousands of images or pages.
>
> --Gwern

I agree. It would be good if there *were* a technical measure to stop fair
use violation though. Perhaps if it were to check the page when it is saved
(like the spam black list) it would be viable.

.. That actually leads me to think: does the spam black list extenstion have
a "block this link except on this page"?

/me also thinks that wikipedia-l is not IRC, alphax