[Wikipedia-l] New language proposals and vandalism from Node ue in incubator

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 00:28:31 UTC 2006

On 08/09/06, ilooy <ilooy.gaon at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/9/8, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>:
> > Psh, I haven't even been on Meta for a few weeks.
>
> Mark, as you'll note if you re-read my posting
> there are others, and it is very obvious to me you
> have 'other' identities on Wikipedia. So maybe you
> haven't logged in as Node ue but it seems someone
> with your m.o. is at work.

My mo? Are you kidding me? Since I get off on trying to kill languages! Yee-haw!

Also, I have been accused of sockpuppetry many times before. If you're
going to accuse me, request a sockcheck.

> > The fact is, Jay, you are for some reason biased against me. You hate
> > me for no logical reason. In all my previous encounters with you, you
> > have been extremely hostile towards me.
> > Mark
>
> Not at all Mark. Not personal, only I don't agree
> with your methods and your efforts to impose your
> opinions over others.

...right.

> Why is the Andalusian test wiki deleated from Incubator?
> Why were you banned several times in different guises
> from several language wikis?

1) I don't know. Replace it, ask an admin to lock it.
2) Well, it varies from wiki to wiki. On yi.wp I was banned because
danny doesn't like me. Currently, my reputation there is very good and
people are constantly requesting that I return and that I edit more
often, and at least one person said I should be admin and didn't know
why Danny blocked me. His specific reason was that I was adding
{{delete}} templates to pages, although none of them was even a
sentence long, and adding a template isn't exactly vandalism. I don't
recall being banned on any other wiki (except for en and meta) for a
particularly long period of time that wasn't immediately lifted, with
the exceptions of ks.wp and Toki Pona; at ks.wp a radical Hindu
nationalist was trying to write the Wiki in Devanagari script, when
anybody literate in the language uses Perso-Arabic, and he banned me
for speaking out. Toki Pona was a long time ago, and you can find the
arguments about that in the archives of wp-l.

Also, I am sysop at several Wikis, and my influence and/or help has
been greatly welcomed or appreciated at several others, including but
not limited to Sicilian, Friulian, Haitian Creole, and Yiddish. I have
invited contributors to or created logos for many dozens of other
Wikipedias.

> Definitely not personal, but maybe against some of your
> personae which to me seem to be very biased and slanted
> towards one opinion.

I only have two accounts on en:, one on meta:, two on kl:, 4 or 5 on
yi: (most to try to circumvent Danny's ban), and 3 on one other Wiki
which is quite inactive right now.

I haven't even visited yi.wp in ages; I haven't used my second account
on en.wp for nearly a year (and even then I believe it has less than
50 contribs).

> I ask that the issue of the deletion of the Andalusian Test
> wiki be looked into. My feeling is you had something to
> do with this as you've been warned before for vandalizing
> the efforts to establish a wiki in Andalusian.

I never "vandalised" it. I simply didn't agree with your orthography,
and as the case turns out to be, nobody else does either. Changing
orthography to something a bit more kosher is not "vandalism".

Mark

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.