[Wikipedia-l] RFC: Principles of mass content adding on small Wikipedias

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 01:17:57 UTC 2006

Millosh, you make an excellent point.

I was looking at the Swahili Wikipedia last night (< 200 articles).  Their
featured article is Eritrea, a country in Africa, and someone made the  effort
to translate most of the country table.While they do not even have  articles
about most of the other countries in Africa, I was thinking about how  easy it
would be to add that table to the existing articles like Togo or Ghana,  or
even to countries that do not yet have articles, since the table can be  a great
source of initial information. I was wondering if I could do it myself,  but
obviously, your idea of a bot doing that would be much more effective and  less
prone to any clumsy mistakes I might make. As for non-existent articles, I
am sure some of our linguists could come up with the names of those countries
in  Swahili as well.

Of course, Swahili is only an example. This can be implemented in almost  all
other languages. Thanks for raising this.

Danny