[Wikipedia-l] German wikipedia to be printed - where's the stable version feature?

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 27 10:49:12 UTC 2006

Magnus, couldn't some feature of the multilingua wiki or namespace
manager be a possibility for this?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Multilingual_MediaWiki

this allows for innerwikilinks ... so this would allow for "stable
printed version" instead of "language"

Example:
There is one article that is being printed and therefore is stable
(let's talk about Munich)
Then there is one article that is open for editing and further development

So we could have the ordinary article link:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wik/EDITABLE:München
and the stable version.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wik/STABLE:München

This would also make sense for a future "new printed edition" because
the stable version can than be substituted by the new and corrected and
proofread and whatever version of the editable version.

The two articles would be linked through "inner-wiki-links" and if there
should one day be more printed wikipedias ... well the stable articles
would then be linked by ordinary interwiki links (unless we will not
have a different way to link articles one day).

well I don't know if this is really feasible, but thinking logic: if it
is possible with language versions .... it should be possible also with
stable and editable versions.

If I did not explain well and things are not clear, please let me know.

So what are your opinions about that?

Ciao, Sabine