[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 30, Issue 18

Giuseppe DAngelo pippudoz at yahoo.it
Sun Jan 15 04:41:32 UTC 2006

I can confirm  what Manuel is saying here.  I know Dr Geoff Hull of the National Institute personally and he has told me a similar thing.

  Given that East Timor is the newest nation on Earth, I really hope that something can be done for them to get a wikipedia up and running in one of their main national languages.  One can't understate what such a venture would do to the self-esteem of a whole people.  It will take a while to get going, given their problems with basic infrastructure, but I am certain that it would eventually succeed.  There is also likely to be a thriving community of Tetum speakers in nearby Darwin, where they are likely to have better infrastructure - it's just a case of getting the message through to them.
  All the best!
  Pippu d'Angelo

  Message: 7