[Wikipedia-l] Serbo-Croatian wikipedia

Dejan Cabrilo dcabrilo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 04:01:30 UTC 2006

> On 1/8/06, Dejan Cabrilo <dcabrilo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not that big of a deal, but still, everybody thinks that it's OK to
> > post the Holy Bible on Wikipedia.
>
> You are lying again.

Milos, you first said that nobody tagged POV articles as such, and
that I should've. We concluded that I did. Now you are saying that I
didn't attempt to improve them, but did tag them. I did try to improve
some, but I was constantly reverted and even rolled back by some
admins (I can look into those). So, don't tell me I am not saying
truth again, please.

This is not about Serbian Wikipedia per se. I am just saying that we
should be happy that we have people of different religions and
ethnicites who can contribute to same Wikipedia, and that it's only a
positive thing.

> Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian adjectives mean a language, not a
> nation. And it seems that you have a lot of Serbian, Croatian and
> Bosnian ethnicities and cultures. For you, they are "anti-civilized",
> they are "regressive", they are... This is a clear fascism.

Please, please, please, don't call me a fascist or a nationalist of
any kind. It's kind of a personal attack, the way I feel it. I don't
feel Serbian, Croatian or Bosnian, but I don't feel Yugoslavian
either. Nationality is not important for me, but call me whatever you
like. I do claim I, myself and perhaps nobody else, speak
Serbo-Croatian, but it's not about the name of the language, it's
about the encyclopedia.

I really can't reply to your accusations right now. I hope you
understand how much it hurts me that anyone calls me fascist, but I
never called different ethinicites and cultures "anti-civilized" or
"regressive". I just said that we should all attempt at working
together. If you want to join it, good. I am sure... no, I KNOW, that
you and everybody else can perfectly well communicate to Bosnians and
Croats, and we should use that as much as we can. After all, it's
about creating an encyclopedia, not about building a community.

It doesn't matter if our edition is called Serbo-Croatian, or
Neo-Shtokavian, or "our language". It's about not being country, or
ethno-centric, but information centric.

Dejan