[Wikipedia-l] "Drive-by tagging" advice needed

Maury Markowitz maury_markowitz at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:28:57 UTC 2006

>Generally the best option is to just remove the tag, but to conform to
>WP:BITE, if a clearly inexperienced user is trying to do their best by
>tagging all the articles in the world, we give them a nudge with that
>template. Of course, I've never seen anyone use it, its just there in
>case its ever needed.

I think I could have avoided a lot of the fallout that occured had I used
something like this. Well, maybe, hard to say.

But I do have a suggestion: could you make the template smaller? It's HUGE!
I'd actually feel bad putting this on someone's talk page. Perhaps something
that is much smaller and links to a page that has the content within?

Maury