[Wikipedia-l] Save Draft button

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Mon Aug 14 17:55:31 UTC 2006

> As this is a button beneath the edit box it would have to be fully,
> properly written into the PHP that is MediaWiki - i.e. this function would

This can easily be done in JavaScript and thus be enabled by every user on an
opt-in basis. If there is serious interest in this I could whip something up.
With a bit of extra work/AJAX this could even be extended to SubSection saving
and restoring only.

But the problem I see with this feature is article forking (as others have
said). Someone wants to overhaul a page and saves it as a draft, in the mean
time other users edit the original article and... desaster :)
Maybe only activate the feature for new articles by default?