[Wikipedia-l] Save Draft button?

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Mon Aug 7 23:48:22 UTC 2006

----- Исходное сообщение -----
От: "maru dubshinki" <marudubshinki at gmail.com>
Кому: <wikipedia-l at wikimedia.org>
Отправлено: 8 августа 2006 г. 1:59
Тема: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Save Draft button?

> On 8/7/06, Berto <albertoserra at ukr.net> wrote:

"User:Example/Article
> > > title". Far too many times I'm halfway through a massive edit and I
have
> > > go - there needs to be an easier and/or integrated way to save
half-done
> > > work between sessions.
> > >
> > > This automation of "in-progress" subpages will neatly streamline
> > copyediting
> > > and extended work too.
> >
> > The problem is that you could easily have the page overwritten while you
> > work on it in remote. If you don't notice it, you'll just delete the
changes
> > when submitting your final version. So the saved draft should have some
> > versioning info, too. Apart from that, it's a great idea.
> >
> > Berto
>
> If the saved draft is a regular wiki page in userspace, wouldn't there
> be versioning already?
It would still be up to you to check whether someone updated the real page
before moving the content from your user space to the wiki space. What you'd
need is a local wiki page with the last history pointer on it, and a routine
to send it to the server. At that point the routine could check whether the
last history pointer has changed or not and propose a diff if it changed.
Not that easy, but possibly the only secure way to make it.

Berto