[Wikipedia-l] Terms for adminship

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:51:32 UTC 2005

On 30/09/05, Phroziac <phroziac at gmail.com> wrote:
> You would probably annoy the stewards if you desysop a lot of people,
> but I really don't think you'll have to desysop as many as you think.
> This is a good idea, and I tried to get something similar passed on en
> wiki, and it didn't work....obviously. We have 500 *active* admins, we
> would have to run several re-elections all the time, constantly. So,
> remember, this won't scale well.

500 admins... hmm, at a one-week "election" period, you'd need ten on
the go at any given time. We have twelve just now, and it seems to be
about that, give or take half a dozen, in the recent past.

Yeah, doubling would clog the page up a bit. Especially *starting* to
implement it...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk