[Wikipedia-l] Frapper map of wikipedians

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 20:48:32 UTC 2005

This is incorrect.

In DPRK, there are two Internets.

One is the Internet that is mostly only accessable to government
officials and rich people for a fee, ie, that of teh outside world.

The other Internet is a sort of Korea Wide Web, with content carefully
monitored by censors, where North Koreans can look things up. Hotels,
restaurants, schools, the government, etc., may have KWW websites
generally.

Mark

On 23/09/05, Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Mark Williamson wrote:
> > I got an e-mail from my good friend Kim Jong-Il about this, too.
> > Apparently when he tried to add himself to the Bambi-lovers' frapper
> > map, it told him that  "Pyongyang, Korea" was invalid. He then tried
> > "Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea", and it told him
> > that "Pyongyang, People" was invalid even though that isn't what he
> > entered. He then tried "Pyongyang, North Korea", since due to its
> > being hosted in the US, the Frapper site would most likely be under
> > the control of Southern Korean seperatist propaganda trying to
> > convince it that there were two Koreas. That was invalid. Eventually,
> > he figured out that it was to be "Pyongyang, Korea (North)". How
> > counterintuitive was that?
>
> Very counterintuitive - North Korea does not have any internet
> connection.
>
> Gerrit.
>
> --
> Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
> | Current temperature   05-09-23 19:49:58   11.6 degrees Celsius ( 52.9F) |
> --
> Det finns inte dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE