[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 26, Issue 41

Giuseppe DAngelo pippudoz at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 19 23:17:12 UTC 2005

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:54:04 -0700
From: Mark Williamson
Subject: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English
To: wikipedia-l at wikimedia.org

> Irrelevent, how?

See, now, this is just what I've been waiting for since the beginning
of this thread. Our little friend here who cares so much about
"correct" spelling and grammar has fouled up our beautiful language by
using an absolutely incorrect spelling, ignorant of the etymology of
the word.

It's "irrelevant". In all English varieties.

Mark

P.S.

That stuff I said about fouling up our beautiful language was a joke.

maybe he meant to say "irreverent" - it fits the context just as well!

pippu d'angelo